Compass, Inc. provides a full array of services and supports to the individuals who choose us for vocational services. Services may include one or all of the following:
- Job skills preparation including, but not limited to: appropriate work attire, work place personal hygiene, resume preparation, interviewing skills and appropriate follow-up skills.
- Specific job skill development.
- Customized employment strategies like; job carving, job sharing and task restructuring.
- Developing a personal budget and managing a paycheck.
- Developing and maintaining good work safety skills.
- Developing appropriate workplace behaviors, including but not limited to; understanding and appropriately interpreting social cues, following the chain of command and communication, taking instruction and directions from supervisors and developing healthy, productive relationships with co-workers.
- Understanding the importance of corporate culture in business.
- Developing time management skills including prioritization, meeting multiple deadlines and strategies for increasing work productivity.
- Developing appropriate workplace attitudes of loyalty, cooperation and dependability.
- Developing appropriate workplace habits of punctuality, respect for other’s personal and work property, proper use of work tools and equipment and efficiency.
- Job development and customization.
- Maximize use of local resources to enhance and maintain full participation in community life.
- Assist individuals to participate in self-chosen recreational and social activities after working hours to help sustain a more balanced life.
For more information about our Day and Employment Programs, please contact Ande Kolp at 301-625-2406, ext 1115. email firstname.lastname@example.org