To the Compass community, friends, family, supporters, and partners:
Much has transpired over the last few days with regard to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and it seems that things are escalating rapidly. We are continuously monitoring credible news and information outlets to be certain we have the latest and most accurate information to help guide our decisions at Compass with regard to the safety those we support, our staff and all those in our network. The purpose of this letter is to communicate this information to you. Understandably, many people are concerned with the effects and spread of COVID-19. We want you to know that our first concern is for the safety of all people we support, staff, and the full Compass community. We are monitoring COVID-19 developments and following the recommendations of the CDC and Maryland Department of Health to ensure we are maintaining a safe and clean space in our offices, homes for everyone we support and employ.
To protect all people we support, staff and any visitors:
- We are keeping our homes and our main office disinfected with increased and frequent wipe downs of all hard surfaces per CDC recommendations.
- If any of our staff exhibit signs or symptoms of the flu while at work, we will send them home to rest and recover.
- We have given strict instructions to all team members who demonstrate any flu like symptoms to not report to work until cleared by a doctor.
- We are making available additional bottles of hand sanitizer and hand soap in our homes as well as our main office.
- We are encouraging frequent handwashing throughout the day.
- We are encouraging alternate forms of greeting each other (elbow bumps, Hawaiian aloha signs, etc.!)
- We are encouraging all visitors to our space to follow the CDC’s recommendations for preventing and limiting the spread of germs and viruses.
We have made the necessary staffing adjustments and accommodations to continue our daily programming. We hope that these measures give you confidence that we are taking the necessary precautions in this evolving situation. Please know, we will continue to monitor the situation closely and respond and adjust as necessary. We will share any updates to our daily programs or hours of operation through email, our website, and social media.